The Trail Winder UQ used the standalone UQP as a starting point and then adds a layer of asymmetrical Apex Climashield insulation to make it an effective Underquilt. I am currently stocking the 3.6 & 6.0 oz weights, but can order the others as needed.
It is available in either Asym orientation or a symmetrical orientation.
Using either Argon 90 or calendered Ion Fabric, it provides resistance to wind and rain as well.
Update - 12/8/19
Now available in a symmetrical cut. For those who do not have a dedicated lay, such as those who toss or turn during the night, changing their orientation, the Trail Winder is now available with a full width cut from head to toe. Under the drop down menu for orientation, there is now a third choice for Non-Asym Full Width Cut.
This will increase the weight and bulk obviously, especially as you get into the heavier weight insulations such as 7.5 or 10 oz.
- Made from either Calendered Ion or Argon 90 (custom fabrics are possible as well)
- Layer of Apex Climashield insulation sewn in at your preferred lay orientation (currently stocked weights are 3.6 oz or 6.0 oz, others can be ordered)
- Length - Standard is 106", but if you prefer more coverage for your hammock, longer lengths are available (although it should be at least a foot shorter than your hammock length to account for the UQ suspension)
- Width - 55-57" (depends on starting width of fabric)
- Suspension included - Fixed loop foot end and adjustable shock cord loop at head end with Mini Biners.
- Enough shock cord and fixed cord are included for use on a variety of length hammocks are quilt stacking situations.
- 5' section on each side is shock corded. Easily adjust how snug it is to your UQ or hammock
- Includes stuff sack (an optional compression sack is available)
- Weight will vary depending on options chosen, but average weight for standard length Argon 90 is 16 oz in the Apex 3.6 oz Insulation, 19.5 oz in the 5.0, 22.5 oz in the 6.0, 25 oz in the 7.5 and 30 oz in 10.0.
If you choose to go with the Non-Asym version it will add roughly 3 oz for the 3.6, 4 oz for the 5.0, 5 oz for the 6.0, 6.25 oz for the 7.5 and 8.25 oz for the 10 oz insulation.
- For reference, the shiny side would be facing up (next to the hammock), while the duller side with the DWR treatment would be towards the ground
Rough temperature estimates on insulation weights:
2.5 oz - 50o F
3.6 oz - 40o F
5.0 oz - 30o F
6.0 oz - 20o F
7.5 oz - 10o F
10 oz - -5o F